Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Morning. Blues? hard to tell cannot see the sky-

well I just got off the phone to Paula
Health and Safety Dept Finsa

So she says Yes EPA found them in breach of license
Yes EPA gave them a grace period to install an abatement system
Yes I DID ask -
What exactly is all that - in layman's terms?
It means they are 5 times OVER their licensing limit - as ruled by EPA
But they were given time to DO something about it-

She argued costing and technology.

EPA did mention the possible restrictive nature of costs for Finsa and thus the Grace period

But GRACE I believe is a good thing and the stuff is still being emitted
IT is FAR from Grace - unless of course you happen to die right now as a result - which of course
is a HUGE possibity

Bit it begs the question and I did ask

So are ye operating now in breach of license
No we have a grace period-

EH???

SO I go back to me old Friend Caoimhin Nolan-
Who really says he IS not dealing with this at all at all really - it is his colleague who is away on maternity leave and some others in licensing section...
oh look don't go there- your guess is as good as mine...

BUT if I am heading as a few of us are in the area of journalistic research into this -
then please contact Niamh Leahy in our WEXFORD office

0539160600
But Niamh is NOT at her desk..

So far but we left message for info

Caoimhin DID say Finsa are arguing that the level of emissions they are asked to comply with is INACHIEVABLE
They have been finding it INACHIEVABLE since 2006/7!
Thats THE GRACE PERIOD obviously ..
it appears INDEFINITE doesn't it
But HUMAN life is short and vulnerable..

and I asked are they currently operating in breach of LICENSE

YES
Try telling that to the next cop who fines you for no proper license when driving?

Who is codding Who - here

Is it just a game of cat and mouse?

And we caught innocently ,ignorantly or more , in the middle-

I for one am looking at properties elsewhere

I dunno how but I gotta GET out of here ...NOW! HELP

No comments:

Post a Comment